Family Law

Relationship difficulties can be stressful. If a separation occurs arrangements must be made for parenting of children, child support, housing and property division. Sometimes there may be domestic violence.

We can guide you through this challenging time. Our focus is to help you achieve a fair and amicable settlement as soon as possible. In a dispute we will provide supportive advocacy.

We can discuss and advise you on

  • Child support
  • Counselling
  • Legal aid
  • Maintenance
  • Parenting and guardianship
  • Protection orders (Domestic Violence Act) 
  • Relationship Property division 
  • Disputes concerning wills, succession and deceased estates

Sometimes a property agreement is required at the beginning of a relationship ("pre-nup"), or at any time even if no separation is involved. We can prepare such an agreement for you.

We can also assist with Protection of Personal Property and Rights Act applications, paternity cases and dissolution of marriage.

Please contact Rachael Adams or John French (relationship property) at our office.